I attended the annual meeting of Survey Associations’ Chief Administrative Officers in October. This group meets to facilitate collaboration and information sharing. I have found it valuable to discuss and compare successes and challenges with the other associations.
I also attended a Professional Investigation and Discipline Forum for Self-Regulating Professions, hosted by APEGS, with members of the Professional Conduct Committee. 18 self-regulating associations attended. I left feeling better prepared to receive a complaint, and also very grateful that SLSA does not receive many!
2020 Renewal notices were issued by email on Oct. 31. If you need a copy, please let me know.
We anticipate a modest surplus for 2019 from regular operations (excluding the funds collected through the special levy to replenish the reserve).
Activity undertaken by your 2019-2020 Council during Q4, 2019 included:
- Meeting with each SLSA Committee Chair either in person or by conference call
- Responding to a new report of unauthorized practice
- Striking an Unauthorized Practice Committee, Chaired by Calvin Bourassa. Several volunteers have come forward. Committee members will be ratified in January.
- Finalizing procurement options for standard iron posts, with a provider in Regina and one in Saskatoon
- Formalizing the SLSA Office Procedure Manual
- Passing a motion to increase transparency by posting redacted Council minutes publicly beginning in January
- the executive committee and Ryan Maloney, Government Relations Chair, meeting with Minister Don Morgan to provide our annual report and discuss concerns including unauthorized practice
Please note the SLSA office will be closed Dec. 23 – 27 for holidays. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-352-8999