Thank you to all of the members, guests, exhibitors and sponsors who participated in the AGM.
Please mark your calendar now for the 2020 AGM in Cypress Hills, June 3-5, 2020.
Several resolutions were passed at the AGM that are now being implemented:
- The surcharge per standard iron post was increased to $2.00 (money raised for Public Relations activities including the operation of the SLSA Museum).
- A standard wellsite plan update affidavit was added to Article XIII, SECTION 6 of the bylaws.
- Invoices will be issued August 1, 2019 for a special levy of $1000 + GST for each member who is a Saskatchewan land surveyor or both a Saskatchewan land surveyor and a Professional surveyor, and $375 for each member who is a Professional surveyor only. This will go directly to replenishing the reserve fund, and will not be used for general operations.
- Beginning with 2020, the annual license fee for a Saskatchewan land surveyor will be $1,800.00 plus applicable taxes, The annual license fee for a Professional Surveyor will be $700.00 plus applicable taxes.
Minutes of the proceedings will be posted to our members’ site in July and amended bylaws will be posted once Ministerial approval is obtained.
Additional activity undertaken by your 2018-2019 Council during Q2, 2019 included:
- Continued education about Unauthorized Practice. Calvin Bourassa and Brad Luey attended a Town Council meeting in Birch Hills to explain our concerns about their policy to locate property pins.
- Approval of Land Surveyor in Training Agreement (Form O) between Alyssa Fournier & Chris Kuntz.
The 2019-2020 Council has several new initiatives on its agenda including topics raised at the AGM during open forum.
The SLSA Museum will be opening soon in Battleford, thanks to the hard work of the Museum Committee and additional volunteers who worked on the site last week.