Council meets the second Tuesday of each month. Some highlights of the activity and achievements undertaken by your 2018-2019 Council in Q1, 2019 follow:
- Launched the SLSA Geo-Ed platform for online CPD tracking. If you are having trouble identifying credit hours for committee service from 2018, I can provide a list of committee meeting times and dates to assist.
- Prepared a 2019 budget and undertook an audit for 2018.
- Met with ISC, Registrar of Titles, and Controller of Surveys on March 5. The minutes of that meeting are posted in our members’ site.
- Implemented recognition for retiring members: https://www.slsa.sk.ca/members/MemberAwards.php
- Implemented a policy to direct the office in receiving complaints (thank you to the Professional Conduct Committee for drafting this)
- Continued to liaise with all Committees;
- The Museum committee has been especially active working towards a summer opening. If you have items you would like to offer for display, please see the collections policy: https://www.slsa.sk.ca/members/MuseumInformation.php
- The Convention committee will provide registration and program details for the AGM by the middle of April. Please mark your calendars for the AGM, June 12-14 at the Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina
Two P. Surv registrations were issued:
- Wade Pennell became P. Surv #141 January 8, 2019
- Kevin Beatty became P Surv #142 on Feb. 12, 2019
It has been a pleasure to work for the SLSA these past 10 months. I look forward to seeing each of you at the AGM.