Saskatchewan Land Surveyors Association
Council meets the second Tuesday of each month.
Some highlights of the activity and achievements undertaken by your 2018-2019 Council since the AGM follow:
- Implemented a Councillor Handbook and greater financial oversight/controls
- Filed & Updated Bylaws – Regulatory amendments approved by members at the AGM have been approved by the Minister. Administrative amendments which were approved by Council in prior years, but expired without filing, have been re-affirmed. All have been filed with ISC. The updated, consolidated document is posted in the online handbook.
- Continued discussions with PSC regarding P.Surv co-existence
- Reviewed committee structure, recruited new volunteers, and updated Terms of Reference, including regular reports from Committee Chairs
- Issued several notices including:
- letter to Minister’s office regarding alteration of RPRs in Cottage Subdivision Directive
- letters regarding unauthorized practice based on reports received from members
- public notice unauthorized survey practice to SUMA, SARM, UMAAS, RMAA, and PARCS, with the request that they distribute among their members
- With assistance from Mike Waschuk, pursued the opportunity to create the SLSA Museum in the old Land Titles Building in the Town of Battleford
- Considered and responded to concerns raised by members, with assistance from the Practice & Government Relations Committees
- Approved the following:
New Commision: W.K. “Woody” Kubacki, ALS, was granted SLS Commission #356 and P.Surv. Commission #140
New SLSITs: Grady Rowley, Ernest Muller, Blaine Thomson, & Chris Sweeney were all approved as SLSITs
On a personal note, it has been a pleasure working in the SLSA office and getting acquitted with the members. Thank you all for the opportunity, and for your patience with me as I learn the role and become familiar with the profession.